Latin IS America Festival (March, April 2017)
Latin IS America celebrates the blending of Latin American and U.S. cultures by showcasing artistic and scholarly works that dissolve boundaries and establish fresh connections. In 2017, four concerts, scheduled for March 25 and 31 and April 8 and 17 in various locations across the MSU campus, will feature different types of Latin American music from Haitian drumming to salsa dancing and from an audiovisual experience to classical strings. The four weekends will feature different Latin-based ensembles: Chouk Bwa Libète, Pianist Arthur Hanlon and Salsa Verde, Khemia Ensemble and Momenta Quartet. In addition, the guest artists will present workshops, lectures, presentations, and composition readings for music students that are free and open to the public.
- March 25, 2017: Chouk Bwa Libète Concert
- March 26, 2017: Chouk Bwa Libète Open Workshop with the MSU Percussion Studio
- March 31, 2017: Performance and Dance with Salsa Verde and Pianist Arthur Hanlon
- March 31, 2017: Talk with Pianist Arthur Hanlon
- April 8, 2017: Khemia Ensemble Concert
- April 15, 2017: Momenta Quartet Lecture Recital with Musicologist Alejandro Madrid
- April 17, 2017: Momenta Quartet Concert
- April 17, 2017: Momenta Quartet Composer Readings
Various locations on the campus of Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, 48824
Most events are free and open to the public.
MSU College of Music
For more information:
- (517) 353-5340
See related programs in these topics: