Beginning Farmer Webinar Series (January - April 2018)
New farm businesses provide jobs, income and increased economic and social stability, and increased food security to rural and other communities. Providing basic, practical information to people interested in or already engaging in new farm enterprises helps these small businesses develop sound production and marketing plans. Participants will get an overview of a variety of farming enterprises and topics, and have an opportunity through live, online chat to ask questions of MSU and other agriculture experts.
- Jan. 17, 2018: Seed Starting and Transplant Production
- Jan. 24, 2018: Reduced Tillage Vegetable Growing
- Jan. 31, 2018: Managing Your Farm Woodlot
- Feb. 7, 2018: Choosing Apple Varieties and Rootstocks for Your New Orchard
- Feb. 14, 2018: Organic Matter Basics
- Feb. 21, 2018: Fertilizer Basics
- Feb. 28, 2018: Livestock Basics
- Mar. 7, 2018: Raising Rabbits
- Mar. 14, 2018: Food Safety Modernization Act Basics: Am I Covered?
- Mar. 21, 2018: USDA and SARE Programs for Beginning Farmers
- Mar. 28, 2018: Pest Management Systems Compared
- Apr. 4, 2018: U-Pick Farm Business
- Apr. 11, 2018: Farm Business Basics #1
- Apr. 18, 2018: Farm Business Basics #2
- Apr. 25, 2018: Farm Business Basics #3
Online. Connection information will be emailed after registration.
Beginning producers and others looking for basic farming information
For more information:
- (906) 387-2530
See related programs in these topics: