Beginning Farmer Webinar Series (January - May 2017)
New farm businesses provide jobs, income and increased economic and social stability, and increased food security to rural and other communities. Providing basic, practical information to people interested in or already engaging in new farm enterprises helps these small businesses develop sound production and marketing plans. The Michigan State University Extension Beginning Farmer Webinar Series helps to make this happen, reaching 664 people since 2012. Please see the 2017 dates and topics below.
- Jan. 30, Small vegetable farm systems
- Feb. 13, Hoophouse management
- Feb. 27, Maple syrup
- March 13, Fencing and watering systems for livestock
- March 27, Blueberries
- April 3, Crop nutrient management
- April 10, Aquaculture (fish farming)
- April 24, Planning and operating a mixed fruit orchard
- May 8, Producing and selling eggs
Online. Connection information will be emailed after registration.
Beginning producers and others looking for basic farming information
For more information:
- (906) 387-2530
See related programs in these topics: