Biological Control for Greenhouse Growers (June - August 2017)
This non-credit, pre-recorded online course on biological control is the third course in the College of Knowledge Online series offered on the eXtension campus, the national Extension website.The content of the course covers introductory materials to more advanced concepts such as utilizing banker plants. The 4-hours of pre-recorded lecture and video demonstrations are divided into six units:
- Unit 1: Introduction to Greenhouse Biological Control
- Unit 2: Commercially Available Biological Control Agents
- Unit 3: Using Banker Plants in Biological Control Programs
- Unit 4: Implementing a Biological Control Program
- Unit 5: Interactions of Pesticides and Biological Control Programs
- Unit 6: Greenhouse Examples of Biological Control Systems: Application Strategy and Costs
The summer session opens for enrollment on May 1, 2017 and the course material will be available to registrants from June 1, 2017 to Aug. 31, 2017.
The course is intended for greenhouse growers and others interested in learning about the fundamental concepts of biological control and the challenges and opportunities associated with a biological control pest management program.
For more information:
See related programs in these topics: