Number of Programs: 5
May 11, 2018; August 15, 2018; November 5, 2018.
- May 11, 2018: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
- August 15, 2018: Emabassy Suites Detroit- Livonia/Novi, 19525 Victor Parkway, Livonia, MI 48152
- November 5, 2018: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
Gain the confidence to manage the Family and Medical Leave Act effectively, and earn your FMLA Specialist Certification from Michigan State University, one of the most recognized programs in Human Resources advanced education. You will gain a solid understanding of the FMLA so that you can manage FMLA absences, promote attendance, and ensure compliance. Certification is achieved by participating in the class and passing the online examination.
3408 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201-2726
Michigan State University's College of Music expanded its music education and music therapy offerings to children and youth in Detroit as part of a wider university effort to share faculty expertise and resources with the city's residents. CMS-Detroit programs are offered in response to the community's desire for enhanced music education and performance opportunities.
The programs are built on the knowledge that exposure to music dramatically enhances learning, life skills, cognitive development, social awareness, and problem solving—all skills that are transferable and necessary in these changing economic times.
Please see the current schedule using the weblinks below.
- Detroit - Oct. 23, 2017 - The Westin Book Cadillac, 1114 Washington Blvd., Detroit, MI 48226
- Frankenmuth - Nov. 6, 2017 - Bavarian Inn, 1 Covered Bridge Ln, Frankenmuth, MI 48734
- Grand Rapids - Dec. 7, 2017 - Amway Grand Plaza, 187 Monroe Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Hart – Jan. 4, 2018 – Oceana County MSU Extension, 844 S. Griswold Street, Hart, MI 49420
- Saginaw – Jan. 12, 2018 – Saginaw Community Foundation, 1 Tuscola Street, Saginaw MI 48607
- Traverse City – Jan. 18, 2018 – Northwestern Michigan College, 1701 E. Front Street, Traverse City, MI 49686
- Adrian – Jan. 22, 2018 – MSU Extension Lenawee County, 1040 S. Winter Street, Adrian MI 49221
- Hart – Jan. 31, 2018 - Oceana County MSU Extension, 844 S. Griswold Street, Hart, MI 49420
- Benton Harbor – Feb. 6, 2018 – Tatter Center, 1737 Hillandale Road, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
- Hudsonville – Feb. 15, 2018 – Terra Square, Market Space, 3380 Chicago Drive, Hudsonville, MI 49426
- Lapeer – Feb. 22, 2018 – Lapeer County Center, 425 County Center Drive, Lapeer, MI 48446
- Benton Harbor – Mar. 1, 2018 – Tatter Center, 1737 Hillandale Road, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
- Grand Rapids – Mar. 15, 2018 – Kent County MSU Extension, 775 Ball Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Sault Ste. Marie – Mar. 21, 2018 – Bayliss Public Library, 541 Library Drive, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783 (For Sault Ste. Marie ONLY registration and training will begin at 10 am.)
Michigan State University Extension will host the Food and Drug Administration-defined Produce Safety Alliance Grower Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) certification course at various locations. Those interested in learning about Good Agricultural Practices (GAP‘s), produce safety, co-management, and the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act Produce Safety Rule are invited to participate. (Chose one site.)
Applicants attend classes in their county.
The Michigan Master Gardener Program is a horticulture education and volunteer leader training program offered by MSU Extension. It provides home gardening information to Michigan citizens through a network of trained volunteers. An interest in plants, a personal commitment to volunteerism, and an enthusiasm for sharing knowledge with others are the only prerequisites. Applicants attend classes in their county, learning basic horticultural principles and environmentally sound gardening practices. They then provide volunteer leadership and service to their community through a variety of gardening-related activities. The program objectives are to provide instruction in basic horticultural science to motivated active gardeners and to provide MSU Extension with trained volunteers who will provide timely, accurate information to the public in the rapidly expanding area of home horticulture.
- January 11, 2018: Lansing Community College West Campus, 5708 Cornerstone Dr, Lansing, MI
- January 12, 2018: VisTaTech Center at Schoolcraft College,18600 Haggerty Hwy, Livonia, MI
Location:Lansing and Livonia, MI
Taught at the intermediate level as a live seminar with a group. This program will cover both state and federal information emphasizing federal changes and clarifications since the fall seminars.
Prior knowledge and experience in completing tax forms is expected/required. It is not considered a substitute for the fall two-day programs but a supplement to it.
Continuing education hours are offered.