Number of Programs: 2
Continuous enrollment is available for these online courses
MSU's Office of Executive Development Programs in the Eli Broad College of Business offers several online courses related to wastewater management. They are online, self-study courses in which participants complete lessons at their own pace.
- Effective Communication in the Water/Wastewater Field
- Maintenance Management in the Water/Wastewater Field
- Supervisory Management in the Water/Wastewater Field
Each course is offered each semester.
Watershed management necessitates an interdisciplinary approach to problem solving, with law, policy, community development and resource economics issues contributing as much to solutions as engineering, biology, hydrology and chemistry. An effective watershed manager must understand the science behind water resources management and have skills in public relations, policy-making, and program evaluation. These courses have been developed in cooperation with the Department of Community Sustainability. Three Key Concepts:
- Partnerships with stakeholders affected by resource management decision
- A geographic focus for management activities
- Management techniques based on strong science and data.
Michigan State University has a unique opportunity to meet this education/information and ongoing service role required in the watershed planning area.