Government & Law
Number of Programs: 2
April 25, May 16, and May 23, 2017
- April 25, 2017: Wexford County Building, 401 N. Lake Street, Suite 400, Cadillac, MI 49601 (Kara Lynch, 989-317-4079, email@example.com)
- May 16, 2017: North Central Michigan College –Cheboygan Campus, 504 Division Street, Cheboygan, MI 49721 (Wendy Weiland, 231-348-1770)
- May 23, 2017: Gogebic Community College Solin Center, Room B22 Ironwood, MI 49938 (Beth Waitrovich, 906-774-0363, firstname.lastname@example.org)
This workshop combines the business and food safety aspects of preparing and selling cottage foods safely and successfully. Learn what foods can be legally produced, how to label and sell them. Cost of the workshop is $20.00 and includes a certificate that states participant has taken food safety training related to Michigan Cottage Foods.
Please see current schedule in November and December 2016 at the website below. Registration and materials pick-up begins at 8:00 am. Instruction runs from 8:30 am - Noon.
Please see current locations at the website below.
The half-day Farm Tax Seminars offer 4 CPE hours and are offered in several locations around the state. Farm tax issues including:
- Bonus Depreciation
- Repair and capitalization regulations for farms
- Domestic Production Activities Deduction (DPAD)
- Income Averaging
- Conservation Reserve Program
- Inherited property
- Farm transfers
- Valuation of growing crops
- Payments to 4-H or FFA members
- Farm depreciation
- Recent rulings and cases affecting farms