Children, Youth, & Families
Number of Programs: 2
Please see the schedule at the website below
The 2016-2017 Farm to ECE Mini-Webinar Series is a series of 12 webinars that will cover various topics in Farm to ECE. Webinars will be 15 minutes of presented material with time for questions and answers following.
MSU's Department of Human Development and Family Studies (HDFS) sponsors programs under the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) as non-credit opportunities for child care workers, administrators, youth workers, teachers, social workers and others to meet licensing requirements and professional development initiatives for staff members in various organizations.
In 2014, HDFS sponsored over 350 workshops in continuing education opportunities (CEUs) in early childhood education, youth mentoring and training for Extension Educators and Social Workers who will need to understand the needs of returning miliary personnel and their families throughout the State of Michigan.
A few of the CEU training topics covered are:
- Basic Child Care Training
- Blood Borne Pathogens and Communicable Diseases
- Trauma Prevention Workshop
- Brain Development in Children
- Building Literacy in Children
- Caring for School Aged Children
- Child Care Administrative Training
- Curriculum Planning for Children
- Emergency Response Planning for Child Care
- Expanding Your Child Care Business
- Exploring Environments and Activities with Children
- For the Love of Music and Children