Number of Programs: 2
MSU's Department of Human Development and Family Studies (HDFS) sponsors programs under the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) as non-credit opportunities for child care workers, administrators, youth workers, teachers, social workers and others to meet licensing requirements and professional development initiatives for staff members in various organizations.
In 2014, HDFS sponsored over 350 workshops in continuing education opportunities (CEUs) in early childhood education, youth mentoring and training for Extension Educators and Social Workers who will need to understand the needs of returning miliary personnel and their families throughout the State of Michigan.
A few of the CEU training topics covered are:
- Basic Child Care Training
- Blood Borne Pathogens and Communicable Diseases
- Trauma Prevention Workshop
- Brain Development in Children
- Building Literacy in Children
- Caring for School Aged Children
- Child Care Administrative Training
- Curriculum Planning for Children
- Emergency Response Planning for Child Care
- Expanding Your Child Care Business
- Exploring Environments and Activities with Children
- For the Love of Music and Children
Tuesday, April 4, 2017 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
252 Erickson Hall, MSU, East Lansing, MI, 48824
During this session, the status of early literacy in Michigan will be reviewed. MDE consultants will connect the data on student outcomes to the policies, practices, and supports that impact and influence literacy achievement in our state. While State legislature determines the laws and funding around literacy in schools, MDE, in collaboration with stakeholders and partners, influences and provides guidance to support schools with these laws. Specific focus in this presentation will be on the common understandings and supports for defining and supporting the skills and knowledge educators need to best impact student achievement.