Number of Programs: 4
January 16, 2018. 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Horizons Conference Center: 6200 State St, Saginaw, MI 48603
This annual symposium offers research based information on improving production, marketing, and quality. This is the largest agriculture trade show in central Michigan. There is no registration or fee required to attend.
January 11, 12, 15, 19, 23, or 25, 2018. 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- Jan. 11, 2018 - Emerald Golf Course, 2300 W. Maple Rapids Road, St. Johns, MI 48879
- Jan. 12, 2018 - Sanilac Career Center, 175 E. Aiken Road, Peck, MI 48466
- Jan. 15, 2018- Dowagiac Conservation Club, 54551 M-51 North, Dowagiac, MI 49047
- Jan. 19, 2018- Saginaw Valley Research & Extension Center, 3775 S. Reese Road, Frankenmuth, MI 48734
- Jan. 23, 2018- Cabela’s, 110 Cabelas Blvd. East, Dundee, MI 48131
- Jan. 25, 2018- Alpena Community College, 665 Johnson Street, Alpena, MI 49070
These programs are designed to help producers learn about new pests in Michigan and changes in MSU Extension recommendations in field crop weed, insect and disease control and soil fertility to use for the 2018 growing season. The registration fee is $30.00 per person, which includes the cost of lunch, refreshments and the 2018 E-434 MSU Weed Control Guide for Field Crops and Forages.
Dates:November 30, December 4, December 5, and December 7, 2017. 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- November 30, 2017: Bay Shore Camp, 450 N. Miller Rd., Sebewaing, MI 48759
- December 4, 2017: Soaring Eagle Casion & Resort, 6800 Soaring Eagle Blvd., Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
- December 5, 2017: Saginaw Valley Research & Extension Center, 3775 S. Reese Rd., Frankenmuth, MI 48734
- December 7, 2017: Ubly Heights Golf & Country Club, 2400 E. Atwater Rd., Ubly, MI 48475
Choosing the right sugar beet seed is the foundation of profitable sugar beet production. Matching varieties to field conditions, disease problems and management will be stressed in these meetings. This is your opportunity to find out what new varieties are being brought forward and how to manage these genetics for the greatest success. The programs will include presentations from each seed company, Michigan Sugar Company Researchers and Sugarbeet Advancement.
This program is run from 8:30 a.m. until noon, at which time lunch is provided. There is no cost to attend this program.
Dates:December 13, 14, 15, and 19, 2017
Location:Wednesday, December 13, 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Thumb Ag Day, Ubly Heights CC 2409 Atwater Rd, Ubly, MI 48475 Thursday, December 14, 8:30 a.m. to Noon Saginaw Valley Research & Education Ctr. 3775 S. Reese Rd., Frankenmuth, MI 48734 Friday, December 15, 7:30 a.m. to Noon Westpark Inn 440 West Sanilac Rd., Sandusky, MI 48471 Tuesday, December 19, 5 to 9 p.m. Lapeer Co. Education Technology Center 690 Lake Pleasant Rd., Attica, MI 48412
Thumb Ag Review presentations will include:
- Corn Trials: Hybrid Trials; N Rate Study; Biological Seed Treatment; Corn Population
- Soybean Trials: Variety Trials; Soybean Varieties; Soybean Cyst Nematode Study; Xtend Variety Trial; Liberty Link Variety Trial
- Wheat Trials: Review of 2016 Season and Field Trial Results
- Management: Managing Low Commodity Prices for 2017
3 RUP credits (1A, Commercial & Private Core) & CCA credits (SW .5, NM .5, IPM .5, CM 1.5) at each meeting.