Number of Programs: 2
January 11, 12, 15, 19, 23, or 25, 2018. 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- Jan. 11, 2018 - Emerald Golf Course, 2300 W. Maple Rapids Road, St. Johns, MI 48879
- Jan. 12, 2018 - Sanilac Career Center, 175 E. Aiken Road, Peck, MI 48466
- Jan. 15, 2018- Dowagiac Conservation Club, 54551 M-51 North, Dowagiac, MI 49047
- Jan. 19, 2018- Saginaw Valley Research & Extension Center, 3775 S. Reese Road, Frankenmuth, MI 48734
- Jan. 23, 2018- Cabela’s, 110 Cabelas Blvd. East, Dundee, MI 48131
- Jan. 25, 2018- Alpena Community College, 665 Johnson Street, Alpena, MI 49070
These programs are designed to help producers learn about new pests in Michigan and changes in MSU Extension recommendations in field crop weed, insect and disease control and soil fertility to use for the 2018 growing season. The registration fee is $30.00 per person, which includes the cost of lunch, refreshments and the 2018 E-434 MSU Weed Control Guide for Field Crops and Forages.
Dates:November 30, December 4, December 5, and December 7, 2017. 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- November 30, 2017: Bay Shore Camp, 450 N. Miller Rd., Sebewaing, MI 48759
- December 4, 2017: Soaring Eagle Casion & Resort, 6800 Soaring Eagle Blvd., Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
- December 5, 2017: Saginaw Valley Research & Extension Center, 3775 S. Reese Rd., Frankenmuth, MI 48734
- December 7, 2017: Ubly Heights Golf & Country Club, 2400 E. Atwater Rd., Ubly, MI 48475
Choosing the right sugar beet seed is the foundation of profitable sugar beet production. Matching varieties to field conditions, disease problems and management will be stressed in these meetings. This is your opportunity to find out what new varieties are being brought forward and how to manage these genetics for the greatest success. The programs will include presentations from each seed company, Michigan Sugar Company Researchers and Sugarbeet Advancement.
This program is run from 8:30 a.m. until noon, at which time lunch is provided. There is no cost to attend this program.