Government & Law
Number of Programs: 5
- December 6, 2017: Lansing, MI
- December 15, 2017: Novi, MI
- December 6, 2017: Lansing Community College West, 5708 Cornerstone Dr., Lansing MI 48917
- December 15, 2017: MSU Tollgate Center, 28115 Meadowbrook Rd. Novi, MI 48377
An optional, voluntary course for unenrolled tax return preparers who wish to increase their knowledge and competency through continuing education. This seminar offers 6 hours of instruction plus a 100 question test. Passing the test, getting additional education (10 hours federal tax and 2 hours ethics in 2017 for the 2018 filing season), and signing a form about Circular 230 allows the IRS to issue a certificate of completion for the Annual Filing Season Program.
The course opens at 8:00 a.m. Instruction begins at 8:20 a.m. and lasts until 3:00 p.m. Lunch is not included. This will be followed by the test.
January 9, 2018. 8:30 am - 4:00 pm.
Lansing Community College West, 5708 Cornerstone Dr, Lansing, MI
This is a full day emphasizing individual income taxes and the federal Form 1040. It's intended for those with little experience filling out tax forms or for those who want a review of items on the Form 1040.
Full-day session (no CPE/CE because this is an introductory class).
Please see the current schedule at the website below.
Please see the current schedule of locations and dates at the website below.
Taught at the intermediate level as a live seminar with a group. Prior knowledge and experience in completing tax forms is expected/required. Two-day Seminars, 16 hours CPE/CE credit (8:25 a.m. to 4:35 p.m.), refer to the schedule below. Includes 3 hours of Federal update, 11 hours of Federal taxation and 2 hours of ethics. Materials include 2017 Federal Income Tax Workbook, 2018 CCH Master Tax Guide and 2017 Michigan Department of Treasury Tax Text.
Please see current schedule in November and December 2016 at the website below. Registration and materials pick-up begins at 8:00 am. Instruction runs from 8:30 am - Noon.
Please see current locations at the website below.
The half-day Farm Tax Seminars offer 4 CPE hours and are offered in several locations around the state. Farm tax issues including:
- Bonus Depreciation
- Repair and capitalization regulations for farms
- Domestic Production Activities Deduction (DPAD)
- Income Averaging
- Conservation Reserve Program
- Inherited property
- Farm transfers
- Valuation of growing crops
- Payments to 4-H or FFA members
- Farm depreciation
- Recent rulings and cases affecting farms
- January 11, 2018: Lansing Community College West Campus, 5708 Cornerstone Dr, Lansing, MI
- January 12, 2018: VisTaTech Center at Schoolcraft College,18600 Haggerty Hwy, Livonia, MI
Location:Lansing and Livonia, MI
Taught at the intermediate level as a live seminar with a group. This program will cover both state and federal information emphasizing federal changes and clarifications since the fall seminars.
Prior knowledge and experience in completing tax forms is expected/required. It is not considered a substitute for the fall two-day programs but a supplement to it.
Continuing education hours are offered.