Business, Labor, & Industry
Number of Programs: 2
May 11, 2018; August 15, 2018; November 5, 2018.
- May 11, 2018: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
- August 15, 2018: Emabassy Suites Detroit- Livonia/Novi, 19525 Victor Parkway, Livonia, MI 48152
- November 5, 2018: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
Gain the confidence to manage the Family and Medical Leave Act effectively, and earn your FMLA Specialist Certification from Michigan State University, one of the most recognized programs in Human Resources advanced education. You will gain a solid understanding of the FMLA so that you can manage FMLA absences, promote attendance, and ensure compliance. Certification is achieved by participating in the class and passing the online examination.
- January 11, 2018: Lansing Community College West Campus, 5708 Cornerstone Dr, Lansing, MI
- January 12, 2018: VisTaTech Center at Schoolcraft College,18600 Haggerty Hwy, Livonia, MI
Location:Lansing and Livonia, MI
Taught at the intermediate level as a live seminar with a group. This program will cover both state and federal information emphasizing federal changes and clarifications since the fall seminars.
Prior knowledge and experience in completing tax forms is expected/required. It is not considered a substitute for the fall two-day programs but a supplement to it.
Continuing education hours are offered.