Number of Programs: 3
Room D208 Veterinary Teaching Hospital, MSU, East Lansing, MI, 48824.
The Center for Feline Health and Wellbeing promotes feline health and wellbeing and nurtures the relationships between cats, their owners, and their care providers. Some areas of study include idiopathic cystitis, feline cancers, pulmonary fibrosis, feline viral infections, and feline genetics. The mission of this center is four-fold:
- To discover the causes of the life-threatening conditions that affect cats;
- To develop new treatment and preventive strategies for them;
- To learn more about the behavioral considerations, nutrition, exercise, care routines, relationships with household members, and other factors that contribute to a high-quality of life for cats; and
- To educate veterinarians and cat owners about how to apply this new knowledge.
A215 Veterinary Medical Center, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824-1314
MSU's Diagnostic Center for Population and Animal Health has a mandate to protect the public by ensuring the health of animals in the state of Michigan and around the nation. In the more than 30 years since its inception, DCPAH has become one of the country’s premier veterinary diagnostic laboratories, handling more than 220,000 cases involving approximately 1.5 million tests annually. The Center has active clients in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and 12 foreign countries.
DCPAH produces a series of information cards on a variety of laboratory topics that give a description of the topic and services provided. Major topic headings include:
- General Information
- Anatomic & Surgical Pathology
- Clinical Pathology
- Immunodiagnostics/ Parasitology
- November 2, 2016: Dental, with Brook Niemiec, DVM, DAVDC
- December 7, 2016: Feline Medicine, with William Folger, DVM, MS, ABVP Feline
- March 8, 2017: Renal, with Mark J. Acierno, DVM, MBA
- April 8, 2017: OSHA, with Philip J. Seibert Jr., CVT
Marriott University Place located at 300 MAC Avenue in East Lansing, Michigan
All seminars will be held at the Marriott University Place located at 300 MAC Avenue in East Lansing, Michigan. Registration, with coffee and breakfast pastries, begins at 9:30 am. Each SAS seminar will run from 9:30 am (registration) until 5:30 pm, with lunch scheduled for 1:15 pm.