Health & Medicine
Number of Programs: 6
Please contact program coordinator using the contact information below for available dates, pricing, continuing education credits, and cancellation policy.
The workshop is offered onsite at your location.
This workshop allows participants to practice:
- Identifying ethical problems
- Responding to an ethical question
- Steps of the consultation process
- Avoiding pitfalls in the ethics consultation process
- Ethics consultation skills
- Writing a consultation report
- Reviewing and evaluating ethics consultations
Workshops will be led by at least two faculty from the Center for Ethics with experience in clinical ethics consultation and policy. Since the workshop format is highly interactive, workshop participants will also be learning from one another.
Communication Arts and Sciences Building, 404 Wilson Road, Room 573A, East Lansing, MI 48823
We provide services such as:
- Assistance with focus groups.
- Development of health communication materials.
- Evaluate health communication materials and campaigns.
- Communication expertise on grant projects.
- Practical, hands-on media training for executives, management staff, and groups.
Healthcare Leadership Academy: Business Strategy For A Changing Landscape-Modules 1 and 2 (February, March 2018)
- Module 1: February 23 - 24, 2018
- Module 2: March 19 - 21, 2018
- Module 1: February 23 - 24, 2018: Grand Traverse Resort, 100 Grand Traverse Village Blvd, Acme, MI, 49610
- Module 2: March 19 - 21, 2018: James B. Henry Center for Executive Development, 3535 Forest Road, Lansing, MI 48910
In this program, participants will:
- Apply leadership strategies and skills including decision-making, managing change, conflict management, teamwork, communication and negotiation
- Discuss business analysis, strategic management and business tools obtained in class and through projects
- Identify emerging issues in healthcare management, best practices, and the connections between local issues and the greater healthcare environment
You will learn best practices to sustain your organization in the future and provide you with the knowledge you need to enhance your leadership role at your healthcare organization.
The Michigan State University (MSU) Biomedical Laboratory Diagnostics Program offers a Certificate Program in Managing Biomedical Laboratory Operations. Completion of the three courses is required for the certificate, though individual course enrollment is possible with appropriate prerequisites.
The Certificate Program is comprised of the following courses:
- BLD 842, 2 credits – Managing Biomedical Laboratory Operations - participants will learn the integration of the roles of legislative, regulatory, technological, and economic factors which influence the practice and management of biomedical laboratory operations
- BLD 844, 1 credit – Topics in Biomedical Laboratory Operations – current issues relevant to biomedical laboratory operations from an interdisciplinary perspective with an emphasis on efficient laboratory operations.
- BLD 846, 2 credits – Decision processes for Biomedical Laboratory Operations – integrates scientific principles, management principles, and regulatory factors in the form of case studies as a means to cover strategies for decision-making in the operations of a biomedical laboratory.
Classes run from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm each Saturday.
- Unit 1: September 9 - October 14, 2017
- Unit 2: October 21 - December 2, 2017
- Unit 3: January 6 - February 10 , 2018
- Unit 4: February 17 - March 24, 2018
James B. Henry Center for Executive Development, 3535 Forest Rd, Lansing, MI 48910
The Nursing Home Administration Program offers 144 clock-hours of instruction in four units, each involving Saturday sessions. To complete the program, participants must attend 128 clock hours (90%) and pass a comprehensive final exam for each unit.
- Unit 1 covers leadership, labor and management contracts, affirmative action, wages, legal issues, HIPPA
- Unit 2 covers aging process, gerontology and geriatric infection control, nutrition, pharmacy.
- Unit 3 covers General and States Rules/Regulations for Dietary Services in Long Term Care Facilities, medicare, fire safety.
- Unit 4 covers accounting and budget, recreational, medicaid, and insurance.
Life Sciences Building, 1355 Bogue St, East Lansing, MI, 48824
These professional business courses are for scientists who wish to improve their business savvy. The following topics are offered:
- PHM 850 - Communications for Scientists
- PHM 851 -- Intellectual Property & Patent Law for Biomedical Sciences
- PHM 854 -- Leadership & Team-Building for Researchers
- PHM 855 -- Business of Biomedical Research
- PHM 857 -- Introduction to Project Management
- PHM 858 -- Project Management & the Drug Development Process