Health & Medicine
Number of Programs: 3
Communication Arts and Sciences Building, 404 Wilson Road, Room 573A, East Lansing, MI 48823
We provide services such as:
- Assistance with focus groups.
- Development of health communication materials.
- Evaluate health communication materials and campaigns.
- Communication expertise on grant projects.
- Practical, hands-on media training for executives, management staff, and groups.
Healthcare Leadership Academy: Business Strategy For A Changing Landscape-Modules 1 and 2 (February, March 2018)
- Module 1: February 23 - 24, 2018
- Module 2: March 19 - 21, 2018
- Module 1: February 23 - 24, 2018: Grand Traverse Resort, 100 Grand Traverse Village Blvd, Acme, MI, 49610
- Module 2: March 19 - 21, 2018: James B. Henry Center for Executive Development, 3535 Forest Road, Lansing, MI 48910
In this program, participants will:
- Apply leadership strategies and skills including decision-making, managing change, conflict management, teamwork, communication and negotiation
- Discuss business analysis, strategic management and business tools obtained in class and through projects
- Identify emerging issues in healthcare management, best practices, and the connections between local issues and the greater healthcare environment
You will learn best practices to sustain your organization in the future and provide you with the knowledge you need to enhance your leadership role at your healthcare organization.
Classes run from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm each Saturday.
- Unit 1: September 9 - October 14, 2017
- Unit 2: October 21 - December 2, 2017
- Unit 3: January 6 - February 10 , 2018
- Unit 4: February 17 - March 24, 2018
James B. Henry Center for Executive Development, 3535 Forest Rd, Lansing, MI 48910
The Nursing Home Administration Program offers 144 clock-hours of instruction in four units, each involving Saturday sessions. To complete the program, participants must attend 128 clock hours (90%) and pass a comprehensive final exam for each unit.
- Unit 1 covers leadership, labor and management contracts, affirmative action, wages, legal issues, HIPPA
- Unit 2 covers aging process, gerontology and geriatric infection control, nutrition, pharmacy.
- Unit 3 covers General and States Rules/Regulations for Dietary Services in Long Term Care Facilities, medicare, fire safety.
- Unit 4 covers accounting and budget, recreational, medicaid, and insurance.