Health & Medicine
Number of Programs: 2
The online module, Creating a Culture of Collaboration and Interprofessional Teaming, looks at core competencies for application in practice, serving patients who have multiple comorbidities and complex healthcare needs. This offering also serves to educate preceptors in guiding students of interprofessional partners within the clinical setting. At the conclusion of this online offering, the interprofessional learner will be able to:
- Describe the foundations of interprofessional education
- Discuss the four core competencies of interprofessional education and collaboration, and
- Discuss the challenges related to facilitating team building with health professions students to provide population centered care.
This program complies with the requirements for continuing nursing education (CNE) and provide one (1.0) contact hour. No conflict of interest is disclosed by the presenters or planners of this offering.
The Michigan State University (MSU) Biomedical Laboratory Diagnostics Program offers a Certificate Program in Managing Biomedical Laboratory Operations. Completion of the three courses is required for the certificate, though individual course enrollment is possible with appropriate prerequisites.
The Certificate Program includes the following courses:
- BLD 842, 2 credits – Managing Biomedical Laboratory Operations - participants will learn the integration of the roles of legislative, regulatory, technological, and economic factors which influence the practice and management of biomedical laboratory operations
- BLD 844, 1 credit – Topics in Biomedical Laboratory Operations – current issues relevant to biomedical laboratory operations from an interdisciplinary perspective with an emphasis on efficient laboratory operations.
- BLD 846, 2 credits – Decision processes for Biomedical Laboratory Operations – integrates scientific principles, management principles, and regulatory factors in the form of case studies as a means to cover strategies for decision-making in the operations of a biomedical laboratory.