Number of Programs: 3
Confucius Institute is located at 230 Erickson Hall, MSU, East Lansing, MI, 48824.
The Confucius Institute at
consults with and assists schools and other organizations to develop customized Chinese language and cultural learning programs. CI-MSU also helps schools and school districts recruit qualified Chinese teachers and provides instructional materials, on-going professional development, and on-site support. Michigan State University
February 23 - 24, 2018
Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center, 219 S. Harrison Rd, East Lansing, MI, 48824
Designed to be provide thought-provoking and insightful conversations, this conference is targeted best towards individuals who have already been using CMP. Conversations are based around mathematics teaching, learning, and assessing for all CMP classes. Attend keynote sessions and select your own session. Discussions will focus on:
- Strategies to increase mathematical understanding and skill
- Differentiated instruction in CMP classrooms, including support for English Language Learners and Special Needs Students.
- Using technology to enhance learning
- Assessment, including formative assessment
- Overview of the mathematical strands in CMP
- The role of the CCSSM and the Mathematical Practices
- Effective teaching practices
- Sharing ideas and gaining new insights with fellow CMP teachers from other districts and states
- October 11, 2017: Maryam Mohiuddin Ahmed, Pakistan
- November 8, 2017: Thelma Awori, Liberia
- February 15, 2018: George Openjuru, Uganda
- March 14, 2018: Nieves Tapia, Argentina
These events will take place at either:
- Kellogg Center and International Center, MSU, East Lansing, MI, 48824
- International Center, MSU, East Lansing, MI, 48824
MSU's National Collaborative for the Study of University Engagement (NCSUE) offers a global speaker series with four invited international speakers, around the topic of global engagement.