Number of Programs: 2
December 4 - 6, 2018
DeVos Place Convention Center and the Amway Grand Hotel, 303 Monroe Avenue NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
The Expo is one of the premier trade shows of its kind. There are over 450 exhibitors with displays of everything needed to grow, harvest, and pack fruit and vegetables, as well as an area featuring companies with products and services for farm marketers. Over three days, the program includes 70+ sessions on fruit crops, vegetable crops, other specialty crops, greenhouse crop production and marketing, farm marketing ideas and operations, farmers’ markets and organic production and marketing. There will also be sessions covering a diversity of general interest topics, including food safety and labor.
Presentations will be made by researchers and Extension educators from Michigan State University, other Land Grant universities and industry. Many of the education sessions will offer credits for Michigan and Ohio Private and Commercial Pesticide Applicators and Certified Crop Advisors.
Please see the current schedule using the weblinks below.
- Detroit - Oct. 23, 2017 - The Westin Book Cadillac, 1114 Washington Blvd., Detroit, MI 48226
- Frankenmuth - Nov. 6, 2017 - Bavarian Inn, 1 Covered Bridge Ln, Frankenmuth, MI 48734
- Grand Rapids - Dec. 7, 2017 - Amway Grand Plaza, 187 Monroe Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Hart – Jan. 4, 2018 – Oceana County MSU Extension, 844 S. Griswold Street, Hart, MI 49420
- Saginaw – Jan. 12, 2018 – Saginaw Community Foundation, 1 Tuscola Street, Saginaw MI 48607
- Traverse City – Jan. 18, 2018 – Northwestern Michigan College, 1701 E. Front Street, Traverse City, MI 49686
- Adrian – Jan. 22, 2018 – MSU Extension Lenawee County, 1040 S. Winter Street, Adrian MI 49221
- Hart – Jan. 31, 2018 - Oceana County MSU Extension, 844 S. Griswold Street, Hart, MI 49420
- Benton Harbor – Feb. 6, 2018 – Tatter Center, 1737 Hillandale Road, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
- Hudsonville – Feb. 15, 2018 – Terra Square, Market Space, 3380 Chicago Drive, Hudsonville, MI 49426
- Lapeer – Feb. 22, 2018 – Lapeer County Center, 425 County Center Drive, Lapeer, MI 48446
- Benton Harbor – Mar. 1, 2018 – Tatter Center, 1737 Hillandale Road, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
- Grand Rapids – Mar. 15, 2018 – Kent County MSU Extension, 775 Ball Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Sault Ste. Marie – Mar. 21, 2018 – Bayliss Public Library, 541 Library Drive, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783 (For Sault Ste. Marie ONLY registration and training will begin at 10 am.)
Michigan State University Extension will host the Food and Drug Administration-defined Produce Safety Alliance Grower Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) certification course at various locations. Those interested in learning about Good Agricultural Practices (GAP‘s), produce safety, co-management, and the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act Produce Safety Rule are invited to participate. (Chose one site.)