Children, Youth, & Families
Number of Programs: 2
Combatting Opioids Webinar Series: Recognition and Stigma in Prescription Drug Abuse and Alcohol Abuse (January 2018)
January 17, 2018. 12:30 PM EST.
Online at: https://ncrcrd.adobeconnect.com/rhse/ There is no registration and no fee to attend this webinar.
The Rural Health and Safety Education webinar series “Combating Opioids” is hosted by Purdue University Extension and the NCRCRD as part of a USDA/NIFA grant. Objective of this webinar series is to:
- Share information and best practices to prevent opioid misuse and abuse in rural counties
- Increase professional capacity to engage in health leadership in rural counties
- Increase access to new ideas and technologies related to opioid misuse and abuse in rural counties
- Increase public health knowledge and engage in health system
- Increase health literacy of opioid misuse or abuse in rural counties
The upcoming webinar, Combatting Opioids Webinar Series: Recognition and Stigma in Prescription Drug Abuse and Alcohol Abuse, explores the factors that influence the recognition of and stigma towards Prescription Drug Abuse (PDA) and Alcohol Abuse (AA).
July 24 - 27, 2018
Great Wolf Lodge: 3575 N. US Highway 31 South, Traverse City, MI 49684.
The Great Lakes Summer Institute (GLSI) is one of the leading statewide annual training events, providing a wide variety of Continuing Education opportunities for Michigan Social Workers and other human service professionals. The goal of GLSI is to offer attendees the most up-to-date, current workshops for professional skill development in both clinical and macro settings.