International Short Course: Food Safety (July - August 2019)
This week-long International Short Course in Food Safety. The course focuses on food safety policy development, risk analysis, and program implementation. The course provides hands-on training and experience in various aspects of food safety in both public and private sector settings. Components of the course include:
- Food systems, food safety and international food trade.
- Food Safety Modernization Act
- Regulatory issues/policy issues in food safety like, non-tariff trade barriers, international food laws.
- Microbial, physical and chemical hazards.
- Food safety issues with biotechnology products.
- Risk assessment, risk management and risk communication.
- Food preservation including irradiation.
- Hazard detection system.
- Hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP): Principles and practice.
- Information and training resources in food safety.
- Field visits to food processing sites in Michigan
July 28 - August 3, 2019
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, 48824
Food industry professionals and policy-makers.
MSU’s National Food Safety and Toxicology Center and the Institute of International Agriculture, along with numerous other MSU units and other government agencies and private companies.
For more information:
Dr. Nanda Joshi
- (517) 980-1181
See related programs in these topics: