Eastern NARUC Utility Rate School (October 2018)
The basics of utility ratemaking are presented by program faculty members from state public utility commissions, utility companies, and the legal, consulting, and academic communities. Rate School emphasizes the fundamentals of the utility rate setting process, including how to establish revenue requirements and the basic concepts of rate design. Participants work in teams to learn the fundamentals of establishing revenue requirements and setting rates by working through a hypothetical rate case for a water utility. The program also provides insight into current issues affecting the water industry and other public utilities.
October 22 - 26, 2018
Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach on Sand Key, 1201 Gulf Boulevard, Clearwater Beach, FL 33767
- Regulatory commissioners, members of water boards, and other public officials
- Staff members of state public utility commissions and environmental agencies
- Public utility consumer and environmental advocates
- Utility company personnel, analysts, and investors
- Attorneys, accountants, engineers, consultants and other professionals who develop or evaluate prices for utility services
MSU's Institute of Public Utilities; Committee on Water of the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC).
For more information:
See related programs in these topics: