Exploring Africa K-12 Curriculum
Exploring Africa is an educational web-based curriculum and resource site developed for use in a classroom setting. Materials developed for Exploring Africa fulfill social studies and humanities national- and state-level standards and benchmarks for global education and the study of Africa. Exploring Africa includes:
- A five-unit (25-module) comprehensive interactive curriculum that focuses on Africa through the social sciences and humanities.
- Separate teacher and student pages.
- A current events page with a new feature story developed each month.
- Printable resources.
- Country fact sheets.
- Links to African newspapers and radio stations.
- Links to quality Africa-related websites.
- Online: http://exploringafrica.matrix.msu.edu/
- On campus: 427 North Shaw Lane, Room 100, East Lansing, MI 48824
MSU's MATRIX, MSU's African Studies Center, MSU's Office of International Studies and Programs, MSU's College of Education, and Carol Egbo, Social Studies Coordinator for the Waterford Michigan School District.
For more information:
- (517) 353-1700
See related programs in these topics: