Horse Selection and Evaluation Online Course
The online course, Horse Selection and Evaluation, provides valuable information to potential horse buyers on conformation, skeletal structure, and balance that will help buyers make the best decision about performance potential. The course is estimated to take 8-10 hours to complete. Topics covered include:
- The components of conformation- skeletal structure, balance, muscling, quality and movement- as it applies to various breeds and performance disciplines
- How conformation relates to performance and overall soundness
- Causes of blemishes and unsoundness
- The importance of a pre-purchase exam
- How to examine a horse for purchase
- The importance of a sale contract
Horse owners, buyers, and managers.
MSU Extension and Department of Animal Sciences.
For more information:
- (517) 353-3123
See related programs in these topics: