New County Commissioner School: Online (November, December 2020)
The 2020 program will take place virtually with a mix of live webinars and self-paced learning modules. The course is designed with location-based cohorts and we encourage you to participate in your region to allow for the best connection with your neighboring commissioners. (See Regional Introductory Session Dates below).
- Learn about County Commissioner roles and responsibilities and the structure of county government
- Explore the basics of county finance
- Learn best practices for leading and participating in public meetings
- Network with other elected officials
Please see the website below for all regional and program dates.
- November 26-27, 2018: Grand Rapids Crowne Plaza, 5700 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 | Call 616-957-1770 and indicate MSU before Nov. 11, 2018
- December 3-4, 2018: Treetops Resort, 3962 Wilkinson Rd, Gaylord, Michigan 49735 | Call 855-261-8764 and indicate New Commissioner School before Nov. 15, 2018
- December 10-11, 2018: Quality Inn and Suites, 2603 N Lincoln Rd, Escanaba, MI 49829 | Call 906-789-1200 and indicate MSU before Nov. 30, 2018
- December 17-18, 2018: Bavarian Inn and Conference Center, 1 Covered Bridge Lane, Frankenmuth, MI 48734 | Call 855-652-7200 and indicate 12S1G2 before Dec. 3, 2018
Although targeted for newly elected county commissioners, experienced board members, county administrative officials, county clerks and treasurers are all invited to attend.
MSU Extension, with co-sponsorship from the Michigan Association of Counties.
For more information:
- (231) 922-4627
See related programs in these topics: