Nursing Home Administration Courses (2018 - 2019)
The Nursing Home Administration Program offers 144 clock-hours of instruction in four units, each involving Saturday sessions. To complete the program, participants must attend 128 clock hours (90%) and pass a comprehensive final exam for each unit.
- Unit 1 covers leadership, labor and management contracts, affirmative action, wages, legal issues, HIPPA
- Unit 2 covers aging process, gerontology and geriatric infection control, nutrition, pharmacy.
- Unit 3 covers General and States Rules/Regulations for Dietary Services in Long Term Care Facilities, medicare, fire safety.
- Unit 4 covers accounting and budget, recreational, medicaid, and insurance.
- Unit 1: Sept. 8 – Oct. 13, 2018
- Unit 2: Oct. 20 – Dec. 1, 2018
- Unit 3: Jan. 5 – Feb. 9, 2019
- Unit 4: Feb. 16 – Mar. 23, 20
James B. Henry Center for Executive Development, 3535 Forest Rd, Lansing, MI 48910
Anyone interested in nursing home administration and those individuals currently involved in health care administration who wish to review and update their skills in the field.
For more information:
- (517) 353-5661
- (800) 356-5705
See related programs in these topics: