Clinical Strategies for Treating Trauma in Transgender Youth: Webinar (May 2019)
This webinar will include an overview of terms and definitions that are both current and respectful with regard to working with transgender and gender nonconforming (TGNC) youth. This will be followed by a review of risk factors that contribute to trauma in TGNC youth. Strategies to reduce the incidence of trauma by decreasing the prevalence or intensity of risk factors will be reviewed. Gender affirming care will be presented as a best practice model for preventing and treating trauma in TGNC youth.
Skill Level: Beginning and Intermediate
Trauma Certificate Elective Course
Available SW CECHs:
Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 12:00 PM - 1:15 PM
Synchronous, interactive, online live webinar
Recommended for LMSW beginning and intermediate skill levels.
- MSU Alumni, MSU Faculty, and groups of 4+
- Field Liasion, Field Instructor, MSU School of Soc
- DHHS contracted private agency (FC) and (AD)
- DHHS Child Welfare employee
- Michigan Federation for CHildren and Families Members
For more information:
See related programs in these topics: