Number of Programs: 3
- Tuesday, Feb. 28: 10 a.m. to Noon
- Tuesday, April 25: 10 a.m. to Noon
- Tuesday, June 27: 10 a.m. to Noon
- Tuesday, Aug. 22: 10 a.m. to Noon
- Tuesday, Oct. 31: 10 a.m. to Noon
- Tuesday, Dec. 19: 10 a.m. to Noon (CANCELLED)
Michigan State University Extension Office, 171 Dawson Street, Sandusky, Michigan 48471 OR Online webinar
All farm producers are welcome to attend the session live session which will be held at the Michigan State University Extension Office, 171 Dawson Street, Sandusky, Michigan or join online as part of the webinar.
The host for these meetings will be Dennis Stein, Farm Management Educator.
January 11, 12, 15, 19, 23, or 25, 2018. 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- Jan. 11, 2018 - Emerald Golf Course, 2300 W. Maple Rapids Road, St. Johns, MI 48879
- Jan. 12, 2018 - Sanilac Career Center, 175 E. Aiken Road, Peck, MI 48466
- Jan. 15, 2018- Dowagiac Conservation Club, 54551 M-51 North, Dowagiac, MI 49047
- Jan. 19, 2018- Saginaw Valley Research & Extension Center, 3775 S. Reese Road, Frankenmuth, MI 48734
- Jan. 23, 2018- Cabela’s, 110 Cabelas Blvd. East, Dundee, MI 48131
- Jan. 25, 2018- Alpena Community College, 665 Johnson Street, Alpena, MI 49070
These programs are designed to help producers learn about new pests in Michigan and changes in MSU Extension recommendations in field crop weed, insect and disease control and soil fertility to use for the 2018 growing season. The registration fee is $30.00 per person, which includes the cost of lunch, refreshments and the 2018 E-434 MSU Weed Control Guide for Field Crops and Forages.
Dates:December 13, 14, 15, and 19, 2017
Location:Wednesday, December 13, 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Thumb Ag Day, Ubly Heights CC 2409 Atwater Rd, Ubly, MI 48475 Thursday, December 14, 8:30 a.m. to Noon Saginaw Valley Research & Education Ctr. 3775 S. Reese Rd., Frankenmuth, MI 48734 Friday, December 15, 7:30 a.m. to Noon Westpark Inn 440 West Sanilac Rd., Sandusky, MI 48471 Tuesday, December 19, 5 to 9 p.m. Lapeer Co. Education Technology Center 690 Lake Pleasant Rd., Attica, MI 48412
Thumb Ag Review presentations will include:
- Corn Trials: Hybrid Trials; N Rate Study; Biological Seed Treatment; Corn Population
- Soybean Trials: Variety Trials; Soybean Varieties; Soybean Cyst Nematode Study; Xtend Variety Trial; Liberty Link Variety Trial
- Wheat Trials: Review of 2016 Season and Field Trial Results
- Management: Managing Low Commodity Prices for 2017
3 RUP credits (1A, Commercial & Private Core) & CCA credits (SW .5, NM .5, IPM .5, CM 1.5) at each meeting.