Number of Programs: 3
November 29, 2017. 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
AgroLiquid 3055 M-21 St Johns, MI 48879
This program will allow producers to become more familiar and comfortable with using price risk management tools and developing pricing strategies for the future.
Applicants attend classes in their county.
The Michigan Master Gardener Program is a horticulture education and volunteer leader training program offered by MSU Extension. It provides home gardening information to Michigan citizens through a network of trained volunteers. An interest in plants, a personal commitment to volunteerism, and an enthusiasm for sharing knowledge with others are the only prerequisites. Applicants attend classes in their county, learning basic horticultural principles and environmentally sound gardening practices. They then provide volunteer leadership and service to their community through a variety of gardening-related activities. The program objectives are to provide instruction in basic horticultural science to motivated active gardeners and to provide MSU Extension with trained volunteers who will provide timely, accurate information to the public in the rapidly expanding area of home horticulture.
January 11, 12, 15, 19, 23, or 25, 2018. 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- Jan. 11, 2018 - Emerald Golf Course, 2300 W. Maple Rapids Road, St. Johns, MI 48879
- Jan. 12, 2018 - Sanilac Career Center, 175 E. Aiken Road, Peck, MI 48466
- Jan. 15, 2018- Dowagiac Conservation Club, 54551 M-51 North, Dowagiac, MI 49047
- Jan. 19, 2018- Saginaw Valley Research & Extension Center, 3775 S. Reese Road, Frankenmuth, MI 48734
- Jan. 23, 2018- Cabela’s, 110 Cabelas Blvd. East, Dundee, MI 48131
- Jan. 25, 2018- Alpena Community College, 665 Johnson Street, Alpena, MI 49070
These programs are designed to help producers learn about new pests in Michigan and changes in MSU Extension recommendations in field crop weed, insect and disease control and soil fertility to use for the 2018 growing season. The registration fee is $30.00 per person, which includes the cost of lunch, refreshments and the 2018 E-434 MSU Weed Control Guide for Field Crops and Forages.