Government & Law
Number of Programs: 1
January 14 (9am - 11:30am), January 22 (1:30pm - 4pm), and February 6 - 7, 2020
- January 14 and 22, 2020: Zoom video conference
- February 6 - 7, 2020: Bay Harbor Village Hotel and Conference Center, Bay Harbor, MI
This program was designed to offer zoning administration techniques in ways that reduce legal risks to the zoning administrator (ZA) and their community. It is the ONLY such program in the state! There are eight training modules in the Zoning Administrator Certificate Program, and each is 1.5-2.5 hours of classroom time (including an individual or group activity).
- Job Description, Responsibilities and Basic Ethics.
- Legal Issues.
- Reviewing Applications: Common Procedures and Use of Forms.
- Reviewing Plot Plans and Site Plans.
- Inspections and Violations.
- Preparing Files, Reports and Record Keeping
- Interactions with other Professionals and Agencies, and Departmental Duties.
- Customer Service and Counter Behavior.