Health & Medicine
Number of Programs: 2
July 24 - 27, 2018
Great Wolf Lodge: 3575 N. US Highway 31 South, Traverse City, MI 49684.
The Great Lakes Summer Institute (GLSI) is one of the leading statewide annual training events, providing a wide variety of Continuing Education opportunities for Michigan Social Workers and other human service professionals. The goal of GLSI is to offer attendees the most up-to-date, current workshops for professional skill development in both clinical and macro settings.
Healthcare Leadership Academy: Business Strategy For A Changing Landscape-Modules 1 and 2 (February, March 2019)
- Module 1: February 22 - 23, 2019
- Module 2: March 18 - 20, 2019
- Module 1: February 22 -23, 2019: Grand Traverse Resort, 100 Grand Traverse Village Blvd, Acme, MI, 49610
- Module 2: March 18 - 20, 2019: James B. Henry Center for Executive Development, 3535 Forest Road, Lansing, MI 48910
This program focuses on skill mastery related to influence, strategic conversations and building trust, as well as developing knowledge of innovative care delivery and financing models. In the rapidly changing healthcare landscape, now is the time to learn how to seize strategic opportunities that can make a significant difference to you and your organization. The academy combines evidence-based practices from healthcare and business. In this program, participants will:
- Apply leadership strategies and skills including decision-making, managing change, conflict management, teamwork, communication and negotiation
- Discuss business analysis, strategic management and business tools obtained in class and through projects
- Identify emerging issues in healthcare management, best practices, and the connections between local issues and the greater healthcare environment
You will learn best practices to sustain your organization in the future and provide you with the knowledge you need to enhance your leadership role at your healthcare organization.