Technology & Communications
Number of Programs: 3
June 19, 2019
East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
HR maintains sensitive employee data, data that is appealing to hackers. Protecting this data must be part of the standard operating procedure of every HR professional as they collect and maintain employees' social security numbers, full names, addresses, and dates of birth. One HR professional accessing these records on the free wi-fi at the airport can lead to a catastrophic breach, one that costs the employer hundreds of thousands of dollars in notifications and lost employee trust. Attend this program to minimize the risk and mitigate the impact of cyberattacks by developing develop a culture of cybersecurity.
Dates:August 6, 2019
East Lansing Marriott, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
Understanding and using data is the future foundation of making important HR decisions. Attending this workshop will prepare participants to:
- Take data you already have and turn it into decision-making reports without having to buy new software or use outside consultants
- Provide essential insights to your company that can only come from data analytics
- Understand your employees' age and experience allowing you to better predict when they are going to leave or retire
- Develop a recruitment strategy based upon a thorough knowledge of your current talent and future talent needs
- Train your current workforce to be ready for opportunities when they develop, creating a path of progression and increased retention
- Position your HR department as a strategic partner, using hard data to help make important decisions
Health Impact Assessment is defined as a combination of procedures, methods, and tools by which a policy, program, or project may be judged as to its potential effects on the health of a population, and the distribution of those effects within the population. HIA identifies appropriate actions to manage those effects. The HIA Toolkit helps support the HIA process by providing free access to environmental and health data to planners, decision makers, and the public; mapping and visualization applications; and assessment of impacts that will showcase how to integrate an assessment of public health impacts within a greater, dynamic movement towards sustainability in our region.