Business, Labor, & Industry
Number of Programs: 5
- December 3 - 7, 2018
- March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, 2019
- June 10 - 14, 2019
- September 16 - 20, 2019
- October 14 - 18, 2019
- December 2018: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
- March 2019: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
- June 2019: Livonia/Detroit, MI
- September 2019: Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town, 1900 Diagonal Rd, Alexandria, VA
- October 2019: Anchorage, AK
By attending Certified Human Resources Specialist, you will be prepared to:
- Drive organizational success through strategic HRM practices
- Comply with employment and labor laws, minimizing risk
- Create a safe and healthy work environment
- Follow ethical standards of conduct
- Recruit and select the right people for the right positions
- Implement performance management, appraisal methods, and disciplinary methods that increase employee effectiveness
- Utilize compensation and benefits, including wellness programs, to achieve and maintain a competitive edge
- Build or expand your professional HR network
- November 12 - 16, 2018: Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile, 198 East Delaware Place, Chicago, IL
- March 11 - 15, 2019: Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista- Disney Springs Area, 1751 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, FL
- May 13 - 17, 2019: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI
- July 22 - 26, 2019: Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, 401 K Street, San Diego, CA
- September 16 - 20, 2019: Alexandria, VA
- November 18 - 22 2019: Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Charleston, 181 Church St, Charleston, SC
As a workers' compensation professional, you need specialized knowledge and skills in many diverse areas, including law, claims handling, disability management, safety, and medicine. This program uses an innovative, hands-on and practical approach that prepares you to develop and implement a comprehensive set of skills as a Certified Workers’ Compensation Professional (CWCP).
- March 8-9, 2018: Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh-Downtown, 535 Smithfield Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- June 7-8, 2018: DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego Downtown,1646 Front Street, San Diego, CA 92101
- August 9-10, 2018: East Lansing Marriott, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
Through this course, you will learn to administer the labor contract, manage grievances, and prepare for arbitration. To effectively manage in a Unionized Organization, leaders must be dedicated to successful contract administration, effective management of the grievance process, and preparedness for arbitration.
- April 16 - 18, 2018: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
- July 18 - 20, 2018: Embassy Suites by Hilton, Alexandria Old Town, 1900 Diagonal Road, Alexandria, VA 22314
- September 5 - 7, 2018: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
The primary objective of this program is to develop highly effective negotiators who can add value by crafting agreements that facilitate a positive and productive workplace. It has been designed to prepare you to think strategically about how your negotiation strategy aligns with, and best supports, your business and organizational plans. It has also been designed to give you an in-depth, contemporary understanding of how to conduct negotiations effectively.
Taught by MSU’s master’s-level faculty and leading real-world experts in workforce management and employee development, the program covers everything from essential HR management skills to proven strategies for inspiring high-performance talent. You’ll learn to capitalize on the strategic role HR management plays in how a company survives and thrives. And you’ll develop the tools to effectively align HR processes with organizational objectives.
This professional development program consists of two eight-week courses in succession - Human Resource Management and Workforce Management and Development - for a total of 7 Continuing Education Units (3.5 CEUs per course).