Business, Labor, & Industry
Number of Programs: 2
- March 6 - 10, 2017: Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, 1751 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
- May 1-5, 2017: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
- July 24-28, 2017: Embassy Suites by Hilton, Alexandria Old Town, 1900 Diagonal Road, Alexandria, VA 22314
- September 18-22, 2017: Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, 401 K Street, San Diego, CA
- November 6 - 10, 2017: Location TBD
These programs are offered several times a year in locations both in Michigan and across the country. Please see a current list of locations at the website below.
The week-long Certified Workers' Compensation Professional (CWCP) program provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to be recognized as a professional in this field. Attendees should have some experience in workers' compensation. Seminar topics include Principles of Disability Law; Claims Management & Insurance; Safety; Disability Prevention and Management Issues; and Medical Issues.
May 17 - 18, 2018
East Lansing Marriot, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI, 48823.
The Follow-Up program includes formal presentations, discussion groups, and exercises. It gives an opportunity to reunite with your classmates and share your experiences. We will repeat the popular Panel of Experts and Group Problem Solving sessions in which we discuss solutions to problems you have submitted. Topics include:
- Workers' Compensation Updates
- Coverage of Illegal Immigrants
- Coordination of Issues in Workers' Compensation
- CMS/MSA Update
- Impact of Behavioral Health
This program earns 14 continuing education credits towards CWCP and CHRS recertifications.