Business, Labor, & Industry
Number of Programs: 2
- March 11 - 15, 2019: Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista- Disney Springs Area, 1751 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, FL
- May 13 - 17, 2019: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI
- July 22 - 26, 2019: Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, 401 K Street, San Diego, CA
- September 16 - 20, 2019: Alexandria, VA
- November 18 - 22 2019: Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile, 198 East Delaware Place, Chicago, IL
As a workers' compensation professional, you need specialized knowledge and skills in many diverse areas, including law, claims handling, disability management, safety, and medicine. This program uses an innovative, hands-on and practical approach that prepares you to develop and implement a comprehensive set of skills as a Certified Workers’ Compensation Professional (CWCP).
May 16 - 17, 2019
East Lansing Marriot, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI, 48823.
The Follow-Up program includes formal presentations, discussion groups, and exercises. It gives an opportunity to reunite with your classmates and share your experiences. We will repeat the popular Panel of Experts and Group Problem Solving sessions in which we discuss solutions to problems you have submitted. This year's topics include:
- National Update: Trends, Emerging Issues, Legislation, Rule Changes and Case Law
- Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome and Other Psychiatric Claims:
- Recent Statutory Changes and Case Law
- Statutory Presumptions and Rebuttal Requirements
- Litigation Strategy for Plaintiffs and Defendant
- Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome and Psychiatric Claims: The Treating and Examining Medical Provider's Perspective
- Workplace Violence: The Implications for Workers' Compensation Exposure
- Shoulder Injuries: The Pathology, Etiology and Treatment of Shoulder Conditions (including shoulder replacements)
- Telemedicine: Remote Evaluation, Diagnosis and Treatment of Patients
- Panel Discussion regarding Managed Care for Injured Workers: The Pros and Cons
- Two Interactive Exercise Sessions
- Mock Trial
This program earns 14 continuing education credits towards CWCP and CHRS recertifications.