Number of Programs: 2
Please see current schedule in November and December 2016 at the website below. Registration and materials pick-up begins at 8:00 am. Instruction runs from 8:30 am - Noon.
Please see current locations at the website below.
The half-day Farm Tax Seminars offer 4 CPE hours and are offered in several locations around the state. Farm tax issues including:
- Bonus Depreciation
- Repair and capitalization regulations for farms
- Domestic Production Activities Deduction (DPAD)
- Income Averaging
- Conservation Reserve Program
- Inherited property
- Farm transfers
- Valuation of growing crops
- Payments to 4-H or FFA members
- Farm depreciation
- Recent rulings and cases affecting farms
Dates:December 13, 14, 15, and 19, 2017
Location:Wednesday, December 13, 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Thumb Ag Day, Ubly Heights CC 2409 Atwater Rd, Ubly, MI 48475 Thursday, December 14, 8:30 a.m. to Noon Saginaw Valley Research & Education Ctr. 3775 S. Reese Rd., Frankenmuth, MI 48734 Friday, December 15, 7:30 a.m. to Noon Westpark Inn 440 West Sanilac Rd., Sandusky, MI 48471 Tuesday, December 19, 5 to 9 p.m. Lapeer Co. Education Technology Center 690 Lake Pleasant Rd., Attica, MI 48412
Thumb Ag Review presentations will include:
- Corn Trials: Hybrid Trials; N Rate Study; Biological Seed Treatment; Corn Population
- Soybean Trials: Variety Trials; Soybean Varieties; Soybean Cyst Nematode Study; Xtend Variety Trial; Liberty Link Variety Trial
- Wheat Trials: Review of 2016 Season and Field Trial Results
- Management: Managing Low Commodity Prices for 2017
3 RUP credits (1A, Commercial & Private Core) & CCA credits (SW .5, NM .5, IPM .5, CM 1.5) at each meeting.