Health & Medicine
Number of Programs: 1
Classes run from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm each Saturday:
- Unit 1: Sept. 7 - Oct. 12, 2019
- Unit 2: Oct. 19 - Dec. 7, 2019
- Unit 3: Jan. 4 - Feb. 8, 2020
- Unit 4: Feb. 15 - Mar. 21, 2020
James B. Henry Center for Executive Development, 3535 Forest Rd, Lansing, MI 48910
The Nursing Home Administration Program offers 144 clock-hours of instruction in four units, each involving Saturday sessions. To complete the program, participants must attend 128 clock hours (90%) and pass a comprehensive final exam for each unit.
- Unit 1 covers leadership, labor and management contracts, affirmative action, wages, legal issues, HIPPA
- Unit 2 covers aging process, gerontology and geriatric infection control, nutrition, pharmacy.
- Unit 3 covers General and States Rules/Regulations for Dietary Services in Long Term Care Facilities, medicare, fire safety.
- Unit 4 covers accounting and budget, recreational, medicaid, and insurance.