Children, Youth, & Families
Number of Programs: 2
Please visit the website below.
Project FRESH is an educational program providing participants with coupons to purchase locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables at participating farmer's markets.
Project FRESH can help you learn how to:
- choose new locally grown produce
- prepare a fruit or vegetable in a new way
- store and preserve fresh fruits and vegetables
- increase fruit and vegetable consumption
- find other community resources that can benefit your family
March 16, 2021. 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm EST
Learn what the best practices for food safety are in order for you to keep the children in your care safe. Food safety education topics discussed in the class include proper cleaning and sanitizing, cooking, storing food, as well as personal hygiene and more. This class will count toward your annual training hours for childcare providers. Safe Food=Healthy Kids is an approved training of Great Start to Quality. Class will be facilitated by experienced MSU Extension food safety educators.