Technology & Communications
Number of Programs: 4
Hybrid: face to face and online; overseas; online
This graduate-level credential in technology integration prepares educators who work with students in a range of educational settings to help students become powerful digital-age thinkers, makers and problem solvers. In just one or two semesters, you will acquire foundational knowledge and skills that will transform your thinking about how, why and when to integrate a range of digital technologies to support student learning.
We give you choices that fit your needs. You can take classes online. Our hybrid summer cohort blends face-to-face and online learning. Our overseas program offers four weeks of face-to-face learning.
The Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology:
- 9 credits, 3 courses – CEP 810, CEP 811, CEP 812
- signifies that students have foundations in theories and practices of technology integration in educational settings
- can be completed as a stand-alone credential or as a part of the MAET degree program or other university degree programs.
Natural Sciences Building, Room 409, 288 Farm Lane, East Lansing, MI 48824
Matrix, the Center for Digital Humanities and Social Sciences at Michigan State University, is devoted to the application of new technologies for teaching, research, and outreach. As one of the premier humanities computing centers in the United States, Matrix creates and maintains online resources, provides training in computing and new teaching technologies, and creates forums for the exchange of ideas and expertise in the field. Matrix houses major digital library repositories including to the African Online Digital Library (AODL), Detroit Public Television’s American Black Journal video archives, Historical Voices, and the Quilt Index.
This course meets twice on campus in East Lansing, MI, with the remainder of the program online. Private New Media Training for businesses is also available.
This course is a new wave in education in which the student or small business team is fully engaged and learning through guided experience. After participants leave the New Media Driver's License® Seminars, they will have a strong, professional and optimized online presence. The participant will use digital marketing, develop content for blogs, write digital public relations (PR), master social media sites like Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and YouTube, build community with customers, practice search engine optimization and search engine marketing, and understand how Google and Yahoo! search rankings impact the business bottom line.
Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center, 219 S. Harrison Road, East Lansing, MI
UARC provides testing and assessment of Web site and information systems design to ensure that products are usable, accessible, efficient, aesthetically pleasing from the user's perspective, and compliant with federal regulations. Services include:
- Expert review of the usability and accessibility of your product based on pre-established criteria
- Formal evaluation of the usability of your product by working directly with typical end-users
- Research collaborations
- Training in user-centered design techniques, evaluation methodologies, and accessibility compliance
- Rental of our state-of-the art facilities for meetings, focus groups, and videoconferencing