Business, Labor, & Industry
Number of Programs: 1
East Lansing, MI
MSU's Institute of Public Utilities, with sponsorship from several MSU colleges and outside utility corporations, supports informed, effective, and efficient regulation of utility network industries--electricity, natural gas, water, and telecommunications. The Institute provides, to the regulatory policy community, integrative, interdisciplinary and balanced educational programs, as well as applied research on the institutions, theory, and practice of modern economic regulation. The Institute focuses on informing and improving the regulatory process through:
- Educational programs and seminars on regulation policies--held at MSU, at the client's site, or at various locations within the US;
- Online discussion forums, Web casts, and surveys;
- Online resources such as links, glossaries, and statistics;
- Public Utilities publications; and
- The Trebing Library on Public Utility Regulation, which houses extensive documentation on public utility regulation.
Please see the website below for a list of current programs.