Health & Medicine
Number of Programs: 2
The Breastfeeding Initiative Mother-to-Mother Peer program provides mothers with the support and encouragement to provide their babies with the nutritional gold standard that begins their life together. Mother-to-mother peers are moms who have experienced similar scenarios other mothers have been through. Breastfeeding mothers can receive support from a trained peer in their home, at a local WIC office or over the phone, whether it is simply needing someone to talk to or finding a way to make breastfeeding work for them.
Please visit the website below.
Project FRESH is an educational program providing participants with coupons to purchase locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables at participating farmer's markets.
Project FRESH can help you learn how to:
- choose new locally grown produce
- prepare a fruit or vegetable in a new way
- store and preserve fresh fruits and vegetables
- increase fruit and vegetable consumption
- find other community resources that can benefit your family