Arts & Letters
Number of Programs: 3
- Janie Cole: March 27, 2017: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Ray Craib: April 13, 2017: 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Siyen Fei: April 20, 2017: 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
255 Old Horticulture, 506 E. Circle Drive, MSU, East Lansing, MI, 48824.
The MSU Department of History Speaker Series explores many historical issues, events, and perspectives. Please see information on the current event at the website below. The Spring 2017 Speaker Series schedule includes:
- Janie Cole: (University of Cape Town), speaking on music and resistance in South Africa's anti‐apartheid struggle
- Ray Craib: (Cornell University), speaking on the history of the Chilean left in the twentieth century
- Siyen Fei: (University of Pennsylvania), speaking on gender, identity, and empire-building in the borderlands of 16th/17th-century China
Please see the website below for the current schedule.
MSU Museum Auditorium unless otherwise noted.
"Our Daily Work/ Our Daily Lives" is a cooperative project that focuses on the cultural traditions of workers, workplaces as contexts for the expression of workers culture, and the diversity of historical and artistic presentations of workers' lives. "Our Daily Work/Our Daily Lives" explores the richness and diversity of worker experience and workers culture with exhibits, lectures and presentations; writing and research projects; and reunions, dialogues, demonstrations and discussions.
Please see the current schedule at the website below.
MSU Union, East Lansing, MI
This lecture series offers students, faculty, staff and the Greater Lansing community the opportunity to grapple with important issues or questions in a trans-disciplinary format. The faculty panel will bring their unique research, teaching and writing experiences from a wide range of disciplines to explore contemporary and historical issues. Refreshments are provided.