Business, Labor, & Industry
Number of Programs: 4
May 11, 2018; August 15, 2018; November 5, 2018.
- May 11, 2018: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
- August 15, 2018: Emabassy Suites Detroit- Livonia/Novi, 19525 Victor Parkway, Livonia, MI 48152
- November 5, 2018: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
Gain the confidence to manage the Family and Medical Leave Act effectively, and earn your FMLA Specialist Certification from Michigan State University, one of the most recognized programs in Human Resources advanced education. You will gain a solid understanding of the FMLA so that you can manage FMLA absences, promote attendance, and ensure compliance. Certification is achieved by participating in the class and passing the online examination.
Cohorts are available at three locations:
- James B. Henry Center for Executive Development, 3535 Forest Rd, Lansing, MI, 48910
- Management Education Center, 811 West Square Lk Rd, Troy, MI, 48098
- The Hutzel Professional Building, 4707 St. Antoine, Detroit, MI 48201
The Weekend MBA’s rigorous curriculum is designed to sharpen your business expertise and give you a competitive edge in your career. Throughout these dynamic executive MBA courses, you’ll obtain the essential business knowledge, real-world skills and insights you need to excel in the workplace and contribute to your company’s bottom line.
The 45-credit-hour Master of Business Administration (MBA) includes nearly 30 executive MBA courses. Most Weekend MBA courses are 1.5 credit hours and consist of four compressed four-hour sessions that leverage technology to get the most out of in-class time. The program begins with a 7-day intensive academic residency in East Lansing in late summer.
3408 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201-2726
The MSU Detroit Center facilities are available for use by MSU groups/organizations/units or external groups. To make a request to reserve space, please complete the online reservation form.
Located in the heart of midtown Detroit, the MSU Detroit Center is a hub for an array of community programs, activities, and special events that facilitate outreach and engagement in southeastern Michigan. The facility is housed in the 22,000-square-foot 1912 Albert Kahn building which is available for use by MSU related groups/units and outside organizations.
MSU offers practical support to community development by creating collaborative partnerships among a broad range of disciplines and with external constituents. Michigan State University is committed to 'campus-community engagement' and several University-based programs operate out of the MSU Detroit Center.
- January 11, 2018: Lansing Community College West Campus, 5708 Cornerstone Dr, Lansing, MI
- January 12, 2018: VisTaTech Center at Schoolcraft College,18600 Haggerty Hwy, Livonia, MI
Location:Lansing and Livonia, MI
Taught at the intermediate level as a live seminar with a group. This program will cover both state and federal information emphasizing federal changes and clarifications since the fall seminars.
Prior knowledge and experience in completing tax forms is expected/required. It is not considered a substitute for the fall two-day programs but a supplement to it.
Continuing education hours are offered.