Number of Programs: 3
- October 11, 2017: Maryam Mohiuddin Ahmed, Pakistan
- November 8, 2017: Thelma Awori, Liberia
- February 15, 2018: George Openjuru, Uganda
- March 14, 2018: Nieves Tapia, Argentina
These events will take place at either:
- Kellogg Center and International Center, MSU, East Lansing, MI, 48824
- International Center, MSU, East Lansing, MI, 48824
MSU's National Collaborative for the Study of University Engagement (NCSUE) offers a global speaker series with four invited international speakers, around the topic of global engagement.
Saturday, February 17, 2018
Erickson Hall, 620 Farm Lane, East Lansing, MI, 48824
The Graduate Research Colloquium features research projects and scholarly activity conducted by current students in the HALE Ph.D., M.A., and Student Affairs Administration Master’s programs. As a community of scholars, the GRC provides an opportunity for students to gather once a year to present their research projects and highlights from their academic and professional development. The GRC also provides an opportunity for newly admitted students to meet with current students and faculty.
- Thursday, September 28, 2017: Robert Hazen
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017: Ted Chiang
- Thursday, October 26, 2017: Neil Shubin
Room 115, International Center, 427 North Shaw Lane, East Lansing, MI 48824
MSU's Office of the Vice Provost for Research and Graduate Studies presents a speaker series each semester. The Fall 2017 series includes:
- Robert Hazen, Director, Deep Carbon Observatory; Senior Research Scientist, Carnegie Institution of Washington’s Geophysical Laboratory; and Clarence Robinson Professor of Earth Science at George Mason University: "The Deep Carbon Observatory"
- Ted Chiang, award winning author of "Story of Your Life," which was adapted into the 2016 movie, "Arrival."
- Neil Shubin, Senior Advisor to the President and Robert R. Bensley Distinguished Service Professor, Department of Organismal Biology and Anatomy, The University of Chicago; Professor, Committee on Evolutionary Biology, Committee on Stem Cell, Regenerative and Developmental Biology, The University of Chicago; and Research Associate, Department of Geology, The Field Museum of Natural History: "Your Inner Fish and the Universe Within"