Business, Labor, & Industry
Number of Programs: 2
January 16, 2018. 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Horizons Conference Center: 6200 State St, Saginaw, MI 48603
This annual symposium offers research based information on improving production, marketing, and quality. This is the largest agriculture trade show in central Michigan. There is no registration or fee required to attend.
Wednesday, June 20, 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Thursday, June 21, 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Saginaw Valley Research and Extension Center 3775 S. Reese Road Frankenmuth, MI 48734
This is a two-day educational and networking event to provide the firewood processing industry the latest knowledge on processing, kiln drying and marketing of firewood. Topics include:
- Selling and marketing
- Finding buyers
- Purchasing requirements by wholesale brokers and chain-store buyers
- Managing a firewood processing business
- Sourcing affordable logs
- Equipment for sawing and splitting
- Heating options for kilns
- Firewood quarantines
- Dry kiln equipment and methods
- Selling green kiln and dried split wood
- Firewood associations
- Urban logs as sources of firewood