Business, Labor, & Industry
Number of Programs: 3
- March 8-9, 2018: Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh-Downtown, 535 Smithfield Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- June 7-8, 2018: DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego Downtown,1646 Front Street, San Diego, CA 92101
- August 9-10, 2018: East Lansing Marriott, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
Through this course, you will learn to administer the labor contract, manage grievances, and prepare for arbitration. To effectively manage in a Unionized Organization, leaders must be dedicated to successful contract administration, effective management of the grievance process, and preparedness for arbitration.
- April 16 - 18, 2018: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
- July 18 - 20, 2018: Embassy Suites by Hilton, Alexandria Old Town, 1900 Diagonal Road, Alexandria, VA 22314
- September 5 - 7, 2018: East Lansing Marriott at University Place, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
The primary objective of this program is to develop highly effective negotiators who can add value by crafting agreements that facilitate a positive and productive workplace. It has been designed to prepare you to think strategically about how your negotiation strategy aligns with, and best supports, your business and organizational plans. It has also been designed to give you an in-depth, contemporary understanding of how to conduct negotiations effectively.
November 7 - 8, 2018. 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
James B. Henry Center for Executive Development, 3535 Forest Road, Lansing, MI, 48910
This highly interactive two-day program is designed to improve your understanding and ability to master the skill of negotiation and enhance the competitive position of your organization by drawing on the latest research in negotiation, influence and decision-making. You will gain expertise in diagnosing negotiation situations, knowing what strategies to apply in that given situation, maximizing power position, creating opportunities for joint gains, and developing trade-offs that lead to mutually beneficial agreements. The feedback and discussion sessions following each case will reinforce our newly acquired skills.