Number of Programs: 3
- Tuesday evening lectures: March 13 & 27, April 10 & 24, and May 8, 2018 from 6-8:30 pm
- Saturday morning field trips: March 17 & 31, April 14 & 28, and May 12, 2018 from 8-11 am
Lectures are held at the Kellogg Bird Sanctuary: 12685 East C Ave., Augusta, MI 49012.
Saturday field trips visit area birding hotspots.
The Field Ornithology Course is an engaging, hands-on course that offers a fun way to learn more about the fascinating world of birds and improve your bird watching and identification skills. Each two part lecture will include a talk from a state or local scientist/ expert followed by an identification lesson. Field trips visit local birding hot spots and are led by experienced birders. All skill levels are welcome!
- Macomb County: April 17 - June 16, 2017
- Wayne County: May 1 - June 16, 2017
- Macomb: One way: Clinton River Cruise Company and Lake St. Clair Metropark Marina
- Wayne: Round trip: Lake Erie Metropark Marina
The Great Lakes Education Program (GLEP) introduces fourth-grade students to the unique features of the Great Lakes through a combination of classroom learning and hands-on experience. The program is designed to stimulate interest in the Great Lakes and help students understand their role in protecting these vital freshwater resources.
12685 East C Ave, Augusta, MI, 49012. (15 north of Kalamazoo and 12 miles NW of Battle Creek, MI).
The Kellogg Bird Sanctuary offers guided educational tours to school groups. The tours provide knowledge about preserving and protecting natural habitats that we share with wildlife. The Kellogg Bird Sanctuary remains an innovator in wildlife conservation efforts. The sanctuary also has a pollinator and rain garden and a large picnic area. Visitors can browse and purchase items at our Resource Center and Giftshop featuring nature-related gift items and books. Very low admission fees apply.