Number of Programs: 2
1400 Biomedical Physical Science Building, MSU, East Lansing, MI, 48824.
See the Website below for the current schedule of genetics seminars.
Tuesday, May 8, 2018. 8:00 am - 5:30 pm.
Molecular Plant Sciences, Room 1200,1066 Bogue Street, East Lansing, MI, 48824
Speakers at the 2018 mini-symposium include:
- Susan Lamont, PhD, Iowa State University, Title: Poultry Genomics to Improve Global Food Security
- Jonathan Lynch, PhD, Penn State University, Title: Roots of the Second Green Revolution
- Vincent Lombard, PhD, Monsanto Company, Title: Food Security Through Yield Security: Monsanto Plant Breeding Example
- Dina Proestou, PhD, USDA ARS, Title: Breeding a Better Oyster: Experimental, Genetic, and Genomic Approaches to Understanding Disease Resistance in the Eastern Oyster, Crassostrea Virginica
- Deborah Velez-Irizarry, PhD Candidate, Title: Expression QTL and Allele Specific Expression of Muscle Gene Transcripts Exhibiting Joint Association with Polygenic Trait Phenotypes in a Pig Resource Population
- Eric Olson, PhD, Michigan State University, Title: A Role for the D Genome to Increase and Protect Grain Yield in Wheat