Number of Programs: 3
MSU Anaerobic Digestion Research and Education Center, 4090 College Rd, Lansing, MI 48910
The mission of the Michigan State University Anaerobic Digestion Research and Education Center (MSU ADREC) is to provide a platform for multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multi-national collaborations that develop sustainable waste-to-resource solutions to address current and future waste utilization challenges. The research and development activities in the center are focusing on developing the technologies that are able to economically address waste utilization needs of our global community. The specific objectives are to: 1) develop novel waste-to-resource technologies capable to convert organic wastes into value-added products, 2) fulfill commercialization and technology transfer of new waste-to-resource concepts, and 3) educate the next generation of engineers, scientists and policymakers on waste utilization design and practice.
The Michigan Waste Biomass Inventory identifies sites of residual biomass and land that can produce high energy value biomass, estimates the net energy theoretically available from the biomass, and identifies constraints that limit the utility of biomass conversion technologies.
Office of Biobased Technologies located at 109 Agriculture Hall, East Lansing, MI, 48824.
The MSU BioEconomy Network (MSU BEN) coordinates the increasingly diverse range of bioeconomy activities on campus, which span research, policy, economic analysis and education, as well as corporate and government collaborations and commercialization. The MSU BioEconomy Network reinforces MSU’s role in expanding the bioeconomy and underscores our commitment to partnerships with both the public and private sector. The BioEconomy Network can:
- Provide a link to researchers from many different disciplines
- Disseminate information to leverage new federal, foundation and corporate research and development opportunities
- Support the preparation of large, multidisciplinary grant applications
- Act as a point of contact to MSU's administration and other institutions
- Support meetings and symposia
- Help you work closely with MSU support units (e.g., MSU Technologies, MSU Business-CONNECT) and other assets (e.g., MBI)