Government & Law
Number of Programs: 1
Please see the website below for all regional and program dates.
- November 26-27, 2018: Grand Rapids Crowne Plaza, 5700 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 | Call 616-957-1770 and indicate MSU before Nov. 11, 2018
- December 3-4, 2018: Treetops Resort, 3962 Wilkinson Rd, Gaylord, Michigan 49735 | Call 855-261-8764 and indicate New Commissioner School before Nov. 15, 2018
- December 10-11, 2018: Quality Inn and Suites, 2603 N Lincoln Rd, Escanaba, MI 49829 | Call 906-789-1200 and indicate MSU before Nov. 30, 2018
- December 17-18, 2018: Bavarian Inn and Conference Center, 1 Covered Bridge Lane, Frankenmuth, MI 48734 | Call 855-652-7200 and indicate 12S1G2 before Dec. 3, 2018
The 2020 program will take place virtually with a mix of live webinars and self-paced learning modules. The course is designed with location-based cohorts and we encourage you to participate in your region to allow for the best connection with your neighboring commissioners. (See Regional Introductory Session Dates below).
- Learn about County Commissioner roles and responsibilities and the structure of county government
- Explore the basics of county finance
- Learn best practices for leading and participating in public meetings
- Network with other elected officials