Business, Labor, & Industry
Number of Programs: 4
June 7 - 10, 2019
MSU, East Lansing, MI, 48824
ÊSTIMATE is an intensive weekend workshop taught by world class econometricians. ÊSTIMATE’s focus is modern econometric tools as used in practice. Participants learn methods and techniques to use immediately in their empirical research. ÊSTIMATE’s goal is to broaden and improve the practice of econometric methods throughout empirical research and data analysis in academics, industry and government.
The 2019 presentations focus on understanding when various models and estimation methods are appropriate as well as how to conduct proper inference in a variety of settings. Methods are illustrated with empirical examples using the econometrics software package Stata. Participants receive access to course/workshop materials including presentation slides, notes, data sets, and Stata .do files.
Facilitation Skills and Techniques (Facilitator Institute) focuses on the training of individuals who can effectively facilitate process improvement and problem solving efforts in public or private sector organizations. The five-day program represents an intensive period of training that provides substantive learning, interactive exercises to apply the principles, and the building of a toolkit of techniques useful in working with teams, task forces, and other groups.
Dates:August 6, 2019
East Lansing Marriott, 300 M.A.C. Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
Understanding and using data is the future foundation of making important HR decisions. Attending this workshop will prepare participants to:
- Take data you already have and turn it into decision-making reports without having to buy new software or use outside consultants
- Provide essential insights to your company that can only come from data analytics
- Understand your employees' age and experience allowing you to better predict when they are going to leave or retire
- Develop a recruitment strategy based upon a thorough knowledge of your current talent and future talent needs
- Train your current workforce to be ready for opportunities when they develop, creating a path of progression and increased retention
- Position your HR department as a strategic partner, using hard data to help make important decisions
Ongoing - online
Taught by MSU’s master’s-level faculty, two eight-week online courses focus on the opportunities presented by change as well as the proper timing for implementation. They reveal best practices for change management, including gaining support from the workforce, reshaping organizational culture, overcoming politics, and mobilizing individuals and teams to complete initiatives. You’ll take two required courses in succession - Leadership Effectiveness and Strategic Change Leadership - and earn 7 Continuing Education Units (3.5 CEUs per course).